Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chillin' Like a Villain

You know what I really miss about living in the Philippines? Tambayan: the ability to spend countless hours sitting around in a public place doing absolutely nothing productive with people that you love to hang out with. Promise, in the Philippines lang yan.

Last week, my two co-workers and I decided to go to Happy Hour to avail of cheap food and possibly eye candy. After venting about work and scarfing down my plate of waffle fries and chicken quesadilla, the girls started getting uneasy and wanted to leave because they thought the waitress minded us being there without ordering any more food. Sa Pilipinas? Walang pakialamanan dahil paying customers kami.

We window-shopped a little bit and we ended the night with a waffle cone full of green tea soft-serve (I've never used this phrase since the last decade, but it was absolutely "the bomb"). At 8:30PM, S quipped, "Should we start heading home now?" Ay nako, kung sa Pilipinas 'to, hanggang madaling araw kami doon.

Although unproductive as heck, I see tambayan as quality time. When you have already talked about the usual daily whinings and you're trying to find something else to talk about, you end up talking about real stuff to fill the dead air - real stuff that are rated R at times and are not for public consumption like in a blog. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment