Thursday, February 21, 2008

RIP 99-cent Menu

Lunch will never be the same again.

Last month, I had lunch with a friend at Wendy's and as usual, I ordered my 5-piece Crispy Chicken Nuggets and small fries. Surprisingly, the total was a few cents than what I had expected. I passed it off thinking that it was no Biggie (did you get the pun?).

Yesterday, I had lunch at Wendy's again and I ordered a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger and sour cream & chive potato which all used to cost $2.16 including tax, but holy moley, it came to $2.34!

After much research (I was THAT affected), I found out that Wendy's replaced the infamous "99-cent Menu" with the "Super Value Menu" and you guessed it, not all of the menu items cost 99 cents anymore; more specifically, my beloved potato sides are now more than $1. What the heezy fo' sheezy happened?

Dave, whereever you may be these days, tell your people to re-think about this injustice they just did. Afterall, McDonald's now have a Dollar Menu and they're right: I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment