Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ode to 2006

What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Traveled to Bangkok (twice!), Davao, Gen San, Camiguin, Boracay; started living on my own; started working in 'Pinas; rode a public bus; attended bible study; dealt with NSO, DOLE, and Immigration; got an ultrasound (no, not for that!); spent my birthday with friendships; cried in the bathroom at work just like in the movies (twice!); attended a retreat; my gosh, ang dami pa...

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make new years' resolutions.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah! Ate Nec gave birth! Dumadami na ang third gen of our family!

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries did you visit?
Thailand

What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Take a wild guess, people. HaHa!

What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 3: my first day at WVI.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally earning pesos! Yeah, I think I'm the only person in the world who is excited about that. HaHa!

What was your biggest failure?
I still keep my mouth shut when I am too upset. I'm not too sure if that's a good thing anymore.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a major battle with the flu in November and I had gout in July. Yeah, gout! Anak nga ako ng tatay ko. HeHe!

What was the best thing you bought?
Electric fan and a thicker mattress for my humble condo.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Boss E for hiring me! HaHa!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jimbo during Christmas. First time kaming may LQ. HaHa!

Where did most of your money go?
Rent, electricity, association dues, plane tickets, Christmas gifts, and food.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sponsoring a child through WVI. May anak na ako!

What song(s) will always remind you of 2006?
"Kumukutikutitap" by Ryan Cayabyab. I had to memorize it for the song and dance number at the staff Christmas party. Oo, sumayaw na naman ako! HaHa!

Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? -- Compared to last year? I'm sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? -- Fatter! Tsk!
iii. richer or poorer? -- Richer. Having pesos is better than not having pesos!

What do you wish you'd done more?
Say what I mean even if I'm mad.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Talked about my bitterness to others.

How many one-night stands?
None. Good Girl still lives!

What was your favorite TV program?
Sa Piling Mo, maaaaaaaan! I even have the DVD set! Okay, I shouldn't be yelling that out loud. HaHa!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

What was the best book you read?
How to Find Your One True Love by Bo Sanchez. The title is cheesy as heck, but it's all good in the neighborhood.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hillsong's "One Way": "...One way...Jesus..."

What did you want and get?
A job with an international scope in a non-profit organization. Saan ka pa? Naks! But it's a love and hate relationship ha.

What was your favorite film of this year?
"Little Manhattan." HeHe!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent lunchtime with Twin Mayie and dinner with the friendships. *Ahem, mid-twenties.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A date with Dennis Trill0. HaHa!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I'm back to my business casual stuff: black pants and 3/4-sleeved shirts.

What kept you sane?
Traveling and getting away from Manila almost every month.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lee Dong Wook. Sarap i-hug! HaHa!

What political issue stirred you the most?
The custody battle of Lance Corporal Dani3l Sm1th

Who did you miss?
My family...and Pen. Inuuna pa kasi ang mga krung novelas e!

Who was the best new person you met?
Aadmitin ko ba? Sige na nga: my co-workers. HaHa!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006
God always gives me what I want. As in!

What was the nicest thing someone told you about yourself
"You're a blessing." Happy na ako duon. :)

The most touching experience you've had this year?
A table full of friends on August 15th.

What did you like most about yourself this year?
I can put a roof over my head, feed myself, and survive on my own. Dream, believe, survive! HaHa!

What did you hate most about yourself this year?
My being bitter. I had to pray to God about it numerous times. HaHa!

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"...I remember the boy...but I don't remember the feeling anymore." HaHa!

No comments:

Post a Comment