Monday, January 1, 2007

It's 2007, Baby!

Happy 2007!

For the first time in history, I was out and about on New Year's Eve! I know, I'm really growing up! HaHa!

Having promised eachother that we were not going to be stuck in our respective condos by ourselves again, my co-Little-Orphan-Annie, Irene, and I went to Greenbelt to have dinner and partaaaaaaaaay like it's 2007.

Now, I don't know about all of you, but I have always thought that people are out and about partying on New Year's Eve. After all these years, I found out first hand that it was all a big myth.

After eating at Italianni's (the only packed place in Gbelt), we walked around to find our spot to welcome the new year (saw Micha3l d3 M3sa in the process). We ended up sitting with the crowds in front of Cafe Breton were there was a live band playing reggae music...a very antukin version of reggae music if I may say so myself. At the stroke of midnight, fireworks lit up the sky from a distance. We oohed and aahed, but for the most part, the band played the wrong music to put us in the mood of good cheer.

Once the fireworks was gone, Irene and I wanted to make sure that people do indeed party on New Year's Eve so we headed over to The Fort to check out what was happening there. Lo and behold, it was quite dead over there, too. One could easily mistake that it was Holy Week around here! Where's everyone at?!

We eventually headed back to Irene's condo to put the party dresses away...and blog about this uneventful night. Well, at least I was out and about, and not at home crying my eyes out like what happened on Christmas.

Anyway, I'm very excited about 2007. I have goals to accomplish and I can't wait to make them all happen. For everyone, I wish you all the very best this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment