Friday, June 15, 2007

It's a Slow World Afterall

I was soooooo ready to make "The Switch." I researched and made price comparisons. I checked how much the modem would cost. I compared whether it was better to get the 1-year commitment or the 2-year one. I knew what I wanted and I made the call to get it. The reply?

"Sorry, ma'am, but DSL is not available in your area."

Wait, let's paint a picture here. In the wonderful city of San Mateo, Rizal, Philippines, I had DSL (with wi-fi access, mind you!). Here in my American suburb, there was not a line to hook me up with DSL. And people call the Philippines third world?!

Seriously, I don't think I can survive another month of dial-up. The pain is too much! Today, I spent 4 hours downloading a 43.5MB software update. The horror! The horror! (Meanwhile, millions of kids in Africa are dying of hunger.)

Someone save me!

1 comment:

  1. ate mina, how about clearwire?

    and your banner picture is pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete