Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Geeks Come Out at Night

So after a month of receiving Tuchie (the iPod Touch), I finally decided to take it out of the box last weekend and let it do its thang. But little did I know that I had to do more than just hook those darn cables from Tuchie to Papa (the PowerBook G4).

It turned out that I needed iTunes v.8, but I couldn't upgrade it because Papa has an older operating system which can't take iTunes v.8 (did you follow all that?). Sneaky Mac folks trying to make more dough. And stupid me for not checking the specs before buying!

After much stress and counting pennies out of my piggy bank the last few days, Allen came to the rescue tonight and upgraded my OS to the latest and greatest Leopard (rawwwwwwr) OS. We got to the library at 7:30pm, but the library closed at 9pm so us two geeks were outside of the library doors, cheering Leopard to hurry up and prowl Papa already. Empty library, locked doors, two geeks, and one laptop emitting light from its screen. Talk about the geekiest thing I've done lately. Ahh, but it was all worth it.

Tuchie is now ready for international travel and Leopard on Papa is just plain s3xy. I'm officially cool, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment