The day has come!
But first, I had to get a legit tourist spot out of the way. Kei and I woke up early to go to Tsukiji Market. Ahh, Tsukiji. Who knew that you could die there from all those little trucks zooming around. Watch out because they don't care about stupid tourists.
Those tunas are huge! When I went to General Santos in the Philippines, I missed seeing the tunas because I arrived there late in the afternoon so this was actually my first time seeing them. Let's see how the boys at the Pike Place Market toss these puppies around. HaHa! We also saw the mountain of styrofoam boxes next to the market and I kept saying how Seattle's MayorNickels would've totally hated this place (he's looking to ban styrofoam boxes at restaurants around the city in a few years).
Although it would've been nice to be able to say that I ate sushi at Tsukiji, I wasn't up for it this early in the morning. Instead, I bought a pack of fried wontons and these cheesy things at the market and called them breakfast. When we got out to the main road, we saw the ramen restaurants and I wished we ate ramen instead. I bet they were cheaper, too.
Kei wanted to take me to Harajuku, but I insisted that we should start heading to where we needed to go since it was nearing 9am already and it takes about an hour to get there. Okay, so I was a tad bit excited, but I was also saving some feet energy.
After about an hour on the Keio Line, we arrived at Tama Center Station and walked over to (drumroll please!) Sanrio Puroland. Mwahahaha! The dream fulfilled! We were the only adults without kids in tow. HaHa! When we purchased tickets, we got free keychains and Kei gave me hers since I gave her my Doraemon toy yesterday. That sounded like we were a couple of five-year-olds. LoL.
When the gates opened, I was just in awe. The first character we saw was Hello Kitty herself. I had to muscle my way to get a picture with her and keep those pesky little kids from getting in the way. HaHa!
The highlight of the park for me was the Sanrio Character Boat Ride (look out for Badtz Maru getting spanked) and the Believe Parade which featured most of the popular characters. If you're a Sanrio freak like me, you can appreciate seeing the Little Twin Stars, My Melody, Pekkle, Keroppi, plus the other oldie characters like Cheery Chums on display. Loved them all! Loved them so much we rode the Boat Ride twice. The first time was for me to try to take pictures and the second to enjoy the ride. Geek! LoL. I ended up buying the souvenir pic for Y1,000.
The Hello Kitty House was cute, but I thought the souvenir pic with Hello Kitty was dorky because it didn't even have a background.
At the Festival Plaza, they had collector's edition cellphone straps featuring each of the Sanrio characters. I eventually talked myself out of them since I do have all my 100 Sanrio Family plush toys at home which I still haven't figured out how to sell on eBay. HeHe.
The crappy thing about Puroland is the shows. Don't get me wrong, they were well-staged and didn't skimp out on special effects, but they were all in Japanese. In Hong Kong Disneyland, they had subtitles for all the shows, allowing foreigners to actually enjoy watching them. Nonetheless, I can't deny that I'm now a fulfilled woman. HaHa!
Since my feet were spazzing out already, we skipped Harajuku and Roppongi and headed over to Kei's mom's place to burn my pictures since my SD card was already full.
Seriously, being "injured" sucks. Whenever I travel, I do my best to stay in good health by drinking lots of water and never skipping meals, but little did I know that something like this could turn up and cut my itinerary in half. Tsk!
No comments:
Post a Comment