Why is it that there's always something wrong?
I had my first interview of the season today and since this job requires the same skills sets that I utilized at my previous job, everything is perfect...except that the job site is in the boonies. And I mean deeeeeeeep: forests, two-lane roads, ahh, you get the picture.
You might be thinking that this is a small price to pay for having food on the table, but it was such an issue that it was brought up twice by my interviewers today...because they know what traffic is like in this city. It took me 40 minutes to get there today traffic-free. Who knows what it'll be like during daily rush hours!
Other instances of such imperfections in the past:
1. Love what I'm doing and professional development opportunities, but horrible boss.
2. Love the city I'm working in, organization and my co-workers, but horrible salary.
3. Love the proximity of my workplace to home, but crazy co-worker and no opportunities for advancement.
Is there a "perfect" job out there for me? Will the stars ever align? Will my career stop mirroring my lovelife just this once? Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment