Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Step At a Time

You believe and you doubt
You're confused, you got it all figured out
Everything that you always wished for
Could be yours, should be yours, would be yours
If they only knew

You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting

We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time

When people hear about the people I've met and the things I've done in my life thus far, they ooh and ahh. Don't get me wrong, I ooh and ahh as well and smile thinking about all the stories I have stored up to tell my (and Piolo's) grandkids.

The only frustration I really have is finding out what to do with all of these experiences. I'm one of those people who believe that there's a lesson/meaning in everything and that each "thing" is a part of the bigger picture, but what *is* that big picture? And when are you supposed to figure that out?

For so many Sundays now, I've been asking God to lead me to The Path, for me to know what I'm meant to do in this world. Hindi ko kasi alam. For someone who always did well in school, how come I can't solve this one problem?

When I look at other people, parang kontento na sila sa mga ginagawa nila dahil kumikita sila. Am I supposed to have that same outlook in life?

3 comments:

  1. Sigurado ka bang kontento sila? or mukha lang kasi its what they are supposed to be, what they are expected to be.

    I am asking as well what my purpose in this life is. I think God is slowly giving me the answer. Ang sama ko ba that I am still asking for concrete signs? Me mga sings na and its actually getting louder and louder and weirdly I am finding comfort in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sa paningin ko, kontento sila kasi hindi sila nagiinarte katulad ko tungkol sa topic na ito. HaHa!

    At ano ang answer ni God para sayo? Magmamadre ka na?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anong mag madre?? hahaha

    kontento sila kasi akala nila hanggang doon lang talaga. eh ikaw you think, know and feel that theres more hence the continued search but we still have to look at life as "half-full" even in our search for what we feel we ought to be =)

    ReplyDelete