Talk about excellent timing. For the past two weeks, I've been buying new exercise clothes/shoes in hopes of getting my fitness act together (those Olympians sure made me feel like I should be doing something more with my body). I'm proud to say that I've been consistently attending my twice-a-week, painful Step & Sculpt fitness class (having a nice and fit instructor is awesome). Yesterday, I bought a digital scale for measuring my sexiness accurately (it ain't reality until you see it in LED). Today, by the power of the fitness gods, there happened to be a wellness fair at work.
At lunchtime, I got my blood pressure, glucose level, cholesterol level, and BMI checked...for free. Surprisingly, my blood pressure is "Normal" (that's one level up from "Optimal" and four levels down from "Severe"), my glucose level is way below the recommended level (112, baby!), and my cholesterol level is "Desirable." I guess those fudge brownies I've been eating have gone undetected! Or maybe not because my body fat percentage is plain horrible (which I knew from my last BMI check some years ago).
As a results-oriented person, losing weight should be achievable because I'm working with numbers and results can easily be measured ("bling bling like LED" according to CL of 2NE1). Instead of wasting my money on things that collect dust, I should invest thy spare change towards fitness-related expenses. Starting this weekend, I'm going to write a target weight goal and shall work towards it. Thy will be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment