Saturday, May 1, 2010

Light the Way

I received my copy of G-Dragon's Shine a Light Concert DVD in the mail today. It's my first time purchasing a DVD a few days after its release and I can't believe I didn't think twice about forking over $43 for this!

The whole concert production is downright awesome. YG definitely went all out for his protege. Compared to Big Bang's first concert, G-Dragon's first concert had all the glitz and glamor and then some: the stage was huge, all the videos and images on the display were professionally done, and all the outfits were fierce. It was nice to see the throwback to his trainee days and seeing his journey to the present. I found it touching to see his friends on stage with him; if I was PMSing, I was sure that I would've cried my eyes out when Big Bang came out in full support of their leader.

The packaging of the DVD was super detailed as I've come to expect from YG-released products. There are so many "pull out"s for the entire thing that I couldn't figure out how to put one back. The black mask on the cover is kind of creepy, but I got over it. From watching the DVD, I also figured out why that darn thing has a tear on its left side.

G-Dragon has always been my fave Big Bang member for his many talents and versatility. His "packaging" is a distraction, but I guess you have to be controversial to get publicity in an industry where new pop stars are manufactured every month. Cheers, my fellow Leo!

No comments:

Post a Comment