I got my diploma in the mail today. Now I know why someone would spend like $180 on a diploma frame: the diploma itself looks horribly plain and cheap. It looks like anyone could've printed it on his/her computer. If you ask me, the Annual Dean's List certificate that I got earlier in the summer looks much better than this diploma. Why the hell am I talking smack about my diploma?! HaHa. It's just that my parents' diplomas are much bigger and look more official than my little dinky UW one. Tsk. Tsk. After six months, I kinda want to cash the check my brother gave me as a graduation gift; I want to use it to buy a diploma frame. HeHe.
Now that I have my diploma in my possession, I think it's time for me to take down this little thing hanging in my room: it's a stuffed doll, dressed in a cap and gown, holding a diploma in one hand, while sitting on a moon. It's been there for at least ten years to remind me of my goal. Now, the goal is now a reality. I would love to give it to my eldest nephew, but he's a boy and I don't think he would want a stuffed doll hanging in his room. He might disown me if I insisted. HeHe.
On a more surprising note, my mom, out of the blue, said to me, "If you want to go to the Philippines in August, go. Don't worry about the conflict with your cousin's wedding." I can't believe that my mom was actually volunteering the thought of me taking a plane to the Philippines! How crazy is that! I didn't bring up the topic; she did. So I'm guessing that she's sensing my sadness over not being in the Philippines this Christmas. Halata ba talaga? I mean, I know I refused to put up any of the Christmas decors around the house this year, but I didn't think that the reason was that obvious. LoL. So I'm guessing that this is why my relatives are trying to set me up with any human being with a male organ...because they think that I'm sad, therefore the solution is to add a boy into the equation. Puh-lease! How many times do I have to say that my happiness is not dependent upon having a significant other?! Okay...maybe 40%, but that leaves a bigger 60% on other things, right? Hence, I simply need the 60% and I'll be fine. *coughsomeoneisindenial*cough
No comments:
Post a Comment