You can't really have everything in life. Trust me, I know.
I now have a job offer. Actually, I've had it since Thursday of last week, but I wasn't able to connect with the hiring manager by phone until today (there goes my no-cellphone self again). It's a JWM (job with meaning) as well as a JWB (job with benefits, as RJ would say). The catch? Since it's a job with meaning, I have to sacrifice salary. *SIGH.
Those who know me know that my life does not revolve around money. I don't desire every single nice thing that I see and I don't mind not having what everyone else has (except when it comes to boyfriends, I want one of those. HaHa). So it's not really about the amount of money, but what that amount of money equates to. Does that make sense? I know what I'm capable of and what kind of an employee I am so I expect to be paid fairly for it. I've deserved every single salary that I've gotten thus far in life...except for this new job offer.
However, it's beyond anyone's control since I'm dealing with a non-profit organization. My confusion comes from deciding whether I should take this job, or wait forever to find "the one" (need I explain my luck about waiting for anything and anyone that has to do with being "the one"? LoL). There are two consequences that I see: a) my first real-world salary will be the basis for future salaries, b) my salary should get higher as the years pass by and not the other way around.
I am thankful for getting such an offer during a time when families are struggling to make ends meet. I would also rather be a contributing member to our capitalist world rather than a wanna-be. Heck, I guess I'm just creating a dilemma for no reason. Shut up and work it, girlfriend! ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment