Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Few Good Friends

I don't use the word friend lightly. You'll notice it when I accept/decline people in Friendster: I hesitate to click yes when they ask me if this certain person is truly my friend. Mabigat sa kalooban ko kapag I have to click yes when I see that person as more of an acquaintance.

What are my standards for friendship? First, one must be there through the good times and bad. Second, one must remember my birthday (basta mahalaga yun para sa akin). Third, one must tell me the truth when I demand the truth (which is always).

By the strong power of free food for all, este, by the strong power of friendship pala, I was able to get the most awesome people in the world together for dinner. And they proved to me that they were truly my friends: inokray ako for my birthday! They got me good, really, really good throughout the whole entire night.

Best hirit of the night:

Zara: Ang tagal naman magblow ng candle!
Tet: E kasi, iniisa-isa niya yung mga qualities nung guy na winiwish niya!

They know me too well. HaHa!

Seriously though, I was quite happy that I got these people together. Tet is always busy. Jimbo just finished the boards. Zara never leaves the comforts of San Mateo, Rizal. Belle has GRO commitments at night. And Jeffrey is the biggest flake I know. Kahit nung paalis na ako in January, people didn't show up so I had my doubts on who will show up last night. But weeks earlier, people did tell me that they were not going to allow me to be alone on my birthday and they kept their word. Mga tunay na kaibigan nga! Group hug, group huuuuug! HaHa!

Tet said to me before, "Sorry na kami ang naging friends mo. Wala kaming ma-ireto sa iyo." And earlier this year, Zara said to me, "Si Mayie na lang dapat ang palagi mong kasama; madaming kilala na pogi yun." No, no, no. I have never, ever, ever, ever said to God, "God, let me trade all my friends for one boyfriend, please." Never. Why? Because I'm happy that I have all of you (Yan ang "Sniff, Sniff!" Inside joke, sorry). And if this birthday was any indication, I'd rather have friends like all of you than forgetful suitors any day. Oo, promise, I mean that! (Pen and Lisa, wish you were here!)

Earlier in the day, I had lunch with Twin Mayie. For two years in a row, we've celebrated our birthday together. I am blessed. No doubt.

So, what's in store for me this year? This verse (O, di ba, I blog with Bible verses na!):

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13b-14

5 comments:

  1. Bastos ka! Napaiyak mo ko dito sa entry na ito (but secretly lang coz I'm at work...) Seriously, thanks for having it with us. One of the best nights I've had in a while talaga.

    Mwa mwa! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. talaga nga naman ... you've changed quite a bit since you moved there. bible verses na ha?! belated happy bday uli twinster (pang-ilan nang bati 'to?).

    as i've told you before, i'm proud that you had the courage to take your chance. you've learned so much this past year and that makes you a better person.

    wish i was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aba quoting bible verses na nga! But that verse is really true! I should keep that in mind as well.

    Glad to know you had a great birthday with friends!

    di talaga puwedeng i-trade ang friends LOL

    sana magkatotoo kung ano man ang wish mo =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tet: Buti nga hindi ako nag-speech during the birthday dinner e. Siguradong luhaan kayong lahat. ;P Thanks for "forcing me" to go out and thanks to Jason for always being game to come along. :)

    Pen: E kasi, wala tayong regalo sa isa't-isa na naman this year, so bati to the max tayo. HaHa! Hope you had a good one din. And I'm just as proud as you for finally getting that "piece of paper." Puwede ka na talagang magasawa ngayon. ;P

    Rai: Friends forever nga. HeHe. I can't remember what I wished for that night. How sad. Ang gugulo kasi nitong mga 'to e. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mina, I have been frequenting your blog lately & it's only now that I came across this entry regarding our birthday. I'd say, makes the two of us. I am truly blessed to have a twin in/like you. Love you sista!

    ReplyDelete