Back in the late '90s (when I was dancing the most), I don't think I ever missed an episode of A.S.A.P, on TFC because of the Streetboys. They were awesome. I had a huge crush on Jhong, but the other seven members didn't look too shabby either (Meynard, Joey, Nicko, Michael, Vhong, Spencer, and Joseph...naaalala ko pa!). Come to think of it, they started my teenybopper days before The Mickey Mouse Club and 'NSync came into my life!
Well, twelve years later, who knew that I would see one of them in the flesh! Tonight, Alessa kindly invited me to watch Peter Pan at CCP and guess who was one of the Lost Boys? It was Meynard! Yeah, from the Streetboys to Lost Boys! HeHe. I quickly nudged Alessa and she asked, "Paano mo alam?" My reply? "E ayan o! Nasa harapan natin!" Baka may lukso ng dugo kaya nakita ko agad siya. HaHa!
Don't worry, I didn't pee my pants when I saw him. I've seen so many showbiz personalities in the span of one and a half years that I don't get starstruck anymore (The latest? SheryI Cruz at Shangri-La). But just like any reminiscing episode, it was cool to see something/someone that reminds you of your childhood and brings you back to all your kababawan-ness.
Saan ko naman kaya hahagilapin si Jhong para may closure na ang tennybopper days ko? HeHe!
No comments:
Post a Comment