Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I'm Good, I'm Good Without You

Someone who tried to set me up before told me today,

"Mina, halika, may sasabihin ako sa 'yo. Si M may girlfriend na." She had a sad tone in her voice, as well as a sad look in her eyes. I've seen that same look from someone else before and it made me realize na ang dami na ngang nagdaan:

Zara has tried to set me up.
Tet has tried to set me up.
Raissa has tried to set me up.
Kuya Heinz has tried to set me up.
St. Scho girls have tried to set me up.
Salve has tried to set me up.
Jimbo has tried to set me up.
Lilian has tried to set me up.

Yup, that's in chronological order. HaHa! Out of those eight boys, five of them are now with a girlfriend whom they can call their own while I'm still single as a slice of cheese. Am I sad, bitter, jealous? Hardly. As long as other people are happy, I'm happy for them. Promise.

Actually, for the first time in a long while, my heart is actually intact. It's not aching; it's not broken. I have peace in my heart and I'm loving the feeling! As in!

Maybe that comes from praying to God about my lovelife. For 2007, I am asking Him to give me one more chance in this area of my life. They say the third time is the charm, so maybe thiz iz it. Can you hear the optimism, can you? HeHe.

So to all the pogi, straight, funny, tall, smart, responsible, and caring men out there: watch out; God is looking for you this year. HaHa!

6 comments:

  1. hehehe i have the same prayer too
    tara na CODE: MIssion Impossible na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ei Mina! Hmm... made me think... nah... as long there are friends, oks lang ang lahat..hapi new year!

    ako, miss ko ang magsulat pero I still read other peoples blog..I decided to turn mine to photos..for lack of anything to write/say.. hope you drop by sometime..

    daxi
    http://daxi.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sino ba sa kanila ang isinet up ko sa iyo? LOL and how come it didnt materialize?

    Okay lang yan! He will come when the time is right! Just have faith! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bakit kapag lovelife talaga ang topic, madaming comments? HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3rd times the charm? According to your list of setups would the 9th time be the charm?Ha. ;)

    Nice to see that you're blogging more often again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick: I'm not like you: just because someone set me up with someone, doesn't mean I actually want to make them my bf. Ouch! ;P I'll e-mail you in a few mins about your "Joe."

    ReplyDelete