Monday, October 19, 2009

A Little Plus

I'm back for a two-week stint with the general elections for the county. While I'm still a temporary employee, I've sort of made it up the food chain after working during the primary election in August: I'm now one of the three aides in the section. Instead of being one of the 40+ people sitting in front of the computer waiting for work to be handed to him/her, I'll be one of the people running around delivering the work to the them. More strenuous work, but definitely a "promotion" if you will. No wonder I wasn't asked to be a 6am person this time around.

I hope that this will lead to a full-time position eventually. Not really sure how long "eventually" will be, but if it means that I won't have to commute into the city for work while getting paid a higher than average salary, then the wait will definitely be worth it.

For now, at least my self-confidence got a little plus sign next to it after a series of minuses during this long jobhunt. Hooray for doing my best whether the task is great or small! (And this is coming from the person who set off the fire emergency exit alarm on her first day last August. HeHe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment