After a long hiatus of not watching Oprah, I'm back to watching the show (as long as it's not a "super serious" episode) this season. Yesterday, they had a feature on Denmark and how it has the happiest people on Earth. It totally made me want to live there to live out my ideal world. ;P
One of the contributing factors is that they don't own a lot of stuff. Inspired, I'm now wanting to get rid of most of my stuff. Well, I've been working towards that in the last year by selling the remnants of my Sanrio collection and Starbucks mugs on eBay. I also stopped buying Coach purses two months ago and haven't bought any new clothes in the last month. I'm not a gastadora by nature, but things do accumulate even when you buy infrequently. Nanghihinayang din ako kapag dinadala ko yung mga lumang gamit ko sa Goodwill at the end of every year. Pero mas naaasar ako kapag wala na akong mapaglagyan sa closet ko dahil puno na. I hate clutter!
So Oplan Bawas is in effect. Bawas gamit. Bawas kalat. Bawas gastos. Bawas sakit ng ulo. Let's see how this ummm, materializes. HeHe!
I like their motto "less space, less things, more life"
ReplyDeleteThank goodness my niece fits into my clothes so she gets my hand-me-downs pero puno pa rin closet ko. I have to purge before I leave LOL
Umm, you can send some stuff over here, too. Much cheaper to send stuff to Seattle than to Pinas. ;P
ReplyDeleteI'm still against your big move. I think you need to fight until the very end plus you haven't tried life in other suloks of the US. Try and try until you succeed.
Like which stuffs are you interested that you would want me to ship to Seattle?
ReplyDeleteBelieve me I have fought till I could not fight anymore. Yung tipong spent na spent ka na in all aspects - financially, emotionally, physically even spiritually. Yung gusto mo pa umiyak pero di mo na magawa.
Even if I want to try other sulok eh sa panahon ngayon na kahit ang mga mamamayan eh walang trabaho bakit naman nila ibibigay sa akin yung posisyon na puwede at dapat ibigay sa sariling mamamayan
when you visit for sure me tour guide ka na sa Tacloban =P
Hmmm, mga alahas, puwede mo ibigay sa akin. ;P I should just go to LA at maghakot ng mga gamit mo. HaHa!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, I have to see you before you leave! Pakilatag ang banig sa kwarto mo, please.
Trust me, I know how you're feeling. Ganyan din situation ko when I went home to Pinas, di ba? When I couldn't find a break during jobhunting nuon, I was crying myself to sleep almost every night out of frustration. Basta suportahan ta ka; I just want you to be happy, sha la la la la.