Friday, January 1, 2010

2NE10

It's 2010. Has it really been 10 years since my first year of college?! Time truly flies by.

I can't really say 2009 was bad for me. Sure, I didn't work full-time for most of the year and there were times that I was paralyzed by hopelessness, but I don't think I was extremely saddened by all of it. In fact, I was really grateful about many things that have happened this year:
  • God helped me leave my horrible full-time job

  • Finished my Graphic Design Certificate and then some...for free

  • Fulfilled my childhood dream of going to Japan...and Korea

  • Witnessed the power of networking and people's willingness to help me out

  • Saw how Elections/ballots processing work in this country

  • Being able to pay for my WV child sponsorship dues despite my unemployment

  • Reconnecting with people from the past

  • Knowing that accumulation of material things isn't what life is about

Perhaps I'm getting old and have begun to appreciate life that I found satisfaction in all of that. And as if I passed my life's lessons in 2009, God granted me gifts before the year closed: two part-time positions that I am truly happy about getting. Imagine that.

I'm looking forward to 2010 and even wrote down resolutions on paper last night which I've never done before. This year brings a new milestone and I want to make some changes in my life to ensure that this coming decade is indeed new and not simply a repeat of what has been (Naks, so serious!).

No comments:

Post a Comment