While starting on my Christmas toy shopping (no procrastination this year, baby!), I ran into high school friend/co-dance team member Jaymie, whom I haven't seen for four years, at my beloved Target. Although I've been saying to people that four years of college went by so fast, high school seemed like it ended decades ago. Jaymie had a lot of 411 about our classmates, while I had none to share. I never kept in touch with them. Heck, I didn't even keep in touch with my very own cousin, who graduated the same year as I did, until this year. Don't get me wrong, I loved my high school life. I also think that I had the most balanced life during that time: school, dance team, work, volunteering, and church (only during the holidays, HeHe). But once I got out, I never looked back. I guess because I had been with these people since elementary school; I was so ready to see what the outside world had to offer (Elevator Boy, Cutieboyflyguy, Dancing King, some good stuff, I tell ya!). Maybe it was also a case of growing up, and thus, apart. It took me until senior year to figure out that I had been hanging out with the wrong group of friends. However, my new senior year friends and I never managed to keep in touch once college began. We tried, but it didn't work. Then, while in college, I hung out with people from high school whom I never spent time with during high school. Confused? I am, too. So either, a) people changed and I didn't, b) I changed and they didn't, c) we all changed, or d) we didn't change, but found better people to spend time with. Who knows?
Anyway, I did expect to start running into high school alumni after college graduation: a simple case of eaglets flying back to their nests. However, that might not be the case after all. According to the 411 grapevine, a bunch of people are already married, and married with children (no, not the show). Geez. Hence, I only have six words (and a question mark) to say to Prince Charming: Why, are, you, taking, so, long, ?. ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment