At work, I pulled out my HK/China itinerary and did a "clothing inventory". It turns out that I'll have 7 business suit days and only 5 casual days. !Que horrible! (Why do I know more Spanish than Mandarin and Japanese combined?!)
Since I wanted to de-stress myself, I went to Target today. What did I buy? A set of make-up brushes. I don't know why from time-to-time, I spend money on things that I don't know how to use! Anyway, I think I'm going to try this make-up thing again. On Wednesday, I plan to drop by the mall and beg one of those make-up counter people to teach me how to put on make-up. That's what they do, right? They don't just sell make-up, they actually take pity on people like myself, right?
Then, there's the casual clothes thing. I must admit that often times, I look quite gusgusin in my casual clothes. Hey, comfortable to me means sneakers and the last time I checked, jeans and a crewneck shirt go well with sneakers. Anyway, so I'm thinking of buying some nice clothes for those after business hours. But how does one go walking around anywhere in open-toed sandals with white slacks and a nice blouse? Plus, when you're haggling for prices, you don't want to look rich either. *And* let's not forget that it's summer in Asia. Why put on nice clothes if you're just going to sweat in them? But I guess I'm forgetting that I'll be in Hong Kong...where the likelihood of me finding an English-speaking Asian boy is quite high. Do I just wear nice clothes, grab my laptop, and sit my butt every evening in the hotel lobby, and bat my eyelashes; or do I put on my gusgusin gear and take care of my agenda of buying my Korean DVDs and digital camera? Yes, these are issues that I actually spend time thinking about! HaHa!
No comments:
Post a Comment