I swear, I've never eaten so much Chinese food in my life! And no thanks to Panda Express, too! LoL. Gotta love the authentic stuff!
During my two-hour break today, I hopped on the Star Ferry and checked out Kowloon. Now that's the Hong Kong that is in all of the tourist guidebooks! I swear, why can't I calculate in my head, though? I was going to buy some stuff, but I kept on thinking that they're expensive because I can't friggen figure out how much the stuff is in U.S. dollars. Math-handicapped, yes I am. By the time I got back to the hotel, my shirt was pretty much wet with sweat. It's the first day that it didn't rain here since I've been here, but humid days aren't that fun either. At least not for a Seattle-lite who doesn't sweat 365 days a year.
After dinner, the crew, or should I say Asian posse, went up to Victoria Peak (How steep can a mountain get?). Absolutely beautiful view! We got there just before the fog rolled in and covered every single skyscraper on the island. I thought it would be romantic though, but it wasn't. It's like when you go up the Space Needle: you pay to go up, and once you're there, it only takes about 2 minutes until you're done with the view and it's like so anti-climactic.
It's the last full day in Hong Kong tomorrow. Time flies by when you're having fun...and staying at a 5-star hotel. HaHa!
No comments:
Post a Comment