Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bits of Bitterness

While having dinner at The Fort last night, the titos and titas saw a man they knew cheating on his wife. That is so not what I needed to see/know right now especially since I just a had a long conversation about this subject with someone else the night before. Argh!

Regardless of how many countries you've traveled alone to; regardless of how many times you've ridden on the MRT and reached your destination; regardless of how many times you've walked along EDSA with your most prized possessions and were able to still have them afterwards, a person can still be the biggest scaredy cat in the world.

Jeff: Ganoon ka din ba? Ako din eh.
Me: Ows? Where does it come from?
Jeff: Trauma.
Me: Agree ako diyan. Eh, how do you get over the trauma?
Jeff: *shrugs*

When someone called me "selosa" last week, I did get a little offended. Just days before, I told Zara, "Sis, I really can't afford another 6-7 years of being bitter again. Ang tanda ko na n'un!" As Jeffrey pointed out on Sunday, I'm such a pessimist daw. I'd like to think I'm more of a realist so I know the possible consequences! Naks! HaHa! So it's not about being jealous, it's simply wanting (and hoping really hard) for history not to repeat itself.

And maybe it was pure coincidence that one of my cousins bought Paolo Coelho's "By The River Piedra, I Sat Down & Wept" recently and allowed me to borrow the book. Seriously, if I were to recommend a handbook about life, I would put that book and Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie" together. Good therapeutic stuff, I tell ya!

Anyway, my point? Of course, it would be pointless to not to have a point. Umm, duh? HeHe. Words of wisdom na lang kaya:

"Now is the time to live your ideal life" - Cousineau

No comments:

Post a Comment