If there's one childhood memory that us "first generation" cousins remember, it is having Sunday lunches at Lolo and Lola's house. Back then, it was the 80s and I was one of the younger cousins. We would play patintero, beg Lola for change to buy candy at the corner store, run around the whole house, and enjoy being around one another.
Today's family reunion (Lola's side) reminded me of those Sundays. But this time around, I was with the "second generation" cousins decked out in our assigned color of red and was happily doing what we've been doing all this week: playing cards, conversing, and eating.
Follow The Leader

No, they didn't follow me. It was basically a solo performance by yours truly according to everyone who watched the dance number today. What can you expect from a retired high school dance team member, right? Oh, the things I do for my cousins (and the things friends do for me)!
Chickboy

This is nothing new for Ryan: having around five girls all at the same time. HaHa!
Ampid Kids

Thing in common? We have all lived in the same house.
Bidang Bida

There goes Joaqui again. HaHa!
Despite the generation gaps that I have with some of them, I'm happy to find out that we really do understand eachother. At 2 a.m. today, Gel said, "Sorry, Ate Min" while I was walking away from the dining table after having explained my not-so-happy demeanor. Instead of going to bed, I decided to sit back down and have a mini bonding session with them. The serious conversation turned into a happy one in no time. We then had a spontaneous slumber party of our own: the five of us slept in the same room, taking up every single space. Feeling oh so young yet again! HaHa!
No comments:
Post a Comment