This past week was a true testament that God definitely gives me what I ask for in due time. I had been complaining to my cousins (and everyone else who was willing to listen!) that they have not spent any time with me since I got here in July. I shall shut up for now for I have spent the five out of the last seven days with them. This is the last installment of my four-part We Belong Together series. HeHe. I've got enough "cousins fix" to last me until Christmas!
Yesterday was super fun. The titas and my girl cousins went to Divisoria after lunch to shop 'til we drop. Though I must say that 2.5 hours didn't give us that much time to actually drop. Bitin! I usually hate shopping with other people (and shopping in general), but shopping with my cousins in Divi was just too much fun. It also goes to show that when you work hard on something, you tend to enjoy what you reap more: ang sarap makipagtalo sa mga tinderas over P20 discounts! HaHa!
Afterwards, we headed over to Makati to eat at Korean Garden. I just realized that there are a bunch of Korean restaurants over at Jupiter Street (Pen, I have found the mothership! LoL). Ryan, Jimbo (in his darn white pants again!), Jeffrey, Jenessa, and Tita G treated us to dinner. When the plates were cleared, us cousins got on one side and started doing what we have been doing this past week: talking. I have no idea how we never ever run out of things to say to eachother.
Not done with food for the day, we moved over to Cafe Breton at The Podium. Each of us cousins ordered a crepe of our own. As each one was plopped on our table (good thing they came one after the other!), we instantly grabbed our forks and dug in until each one was finished. Cousins effort talaga! As Jimbo put it, "Parang buffet ng crepes!" And yes, eating like that is so much fun! As one of Homer's friends said before, "Mas masarap kasi kapag may kasamang laway ng mga kasama mo!" HaHa! Seriously though, when I eat a crepe by myself, I don't enjoy it much. Or, is it because coughing up for the bill isn't fun when you're unemployed? HeHe! Group hug, cousins, group hug! =) (Words of the day: "parfet", "laff-toff", and "wi-pi". Ay Ryan, LaSallian ka ba talaga? HeHe!)
*SIGH. San Mateo-Manila-Makati-Ortigas all in twelve hours. Who says you can't get around this metropolis?!
No comments:
Post a Comment