Thursday, May 20, 2004

Mix and Match

Co-worker K recently signed up for a membership at Match.com. For the past two days, I have been shown pictures and profiles of guys who have "winked" at her. See? This is why I seriously think that I will be single forever (in addition to not seeing any guys during work hours): I'm not the type of person who would date complete strangers. That's too much for me. HaHa. Anyway, today, I checked out the website and realized a few things:

1. There are *a lot* of single people in this world. Amazing, isn't it?
2. Yet, these single people aren't lusting after fellow single people. When was the last time you had set up a single friend with another single friend and they clicked?
3. The guys that my co-worker found attractive are exercise buffs yet they're single. Hence my theory that looks (or money) are never enough.
4. Where are the cute Asian men?
5. First impressions do count...so use spell check and grammar check when creating a profile. Trust me.

---

I just went back to Match.com to see if I could add anything else to my previous post. After filling in the search criteria, I got back a Filipino guy's profile. He's an Atenista (at halata naman na Atenista yung sumulat ng profile)! He's from Seattle! And he's not afraid to say that his body type is best described as "a few extra pounds." I'm a little bit scared though because he wrote that his hair is blonde. I have visions of Asi Taulava in my head right now. Eek!

Anyway, he only has one picture posted. I have a "one-picture-only theory" so I'll wait until he posts more (If you're wondering what this theory is, let me just say that I only have one picture up on Friendster. Need I say more? HaHa). If he posts more pictures, I'll have Co-worker K get in touch with this boy and I'll tag along when they meet. >=P

No comments:

Post a Comment