Tuesday, November 30, 2004

O Christmas Tree

I brought home some work tonight. This is the second time I did this and I'm not too happy about it. First, I missed The Amazing Race. Second, I was so engrossed in perfecting a Request for Proposal (RFP) form that I totally forgot about the eBay item that I wanted to bid on. Grr!

I decided to work on this crap at home because most of my time today was spent on decorating the office. My boss and I headed to Target at lunchtime to buy a tree and trimmings for our brand new office. Yes, the grinch in me got into the holiday spirit after buying everything (there's something really enjoyable about spending money that is not your own) plus there was a woman who gave me Target's last two packs of ornament hangers after she overheard me saying, "Where the hell are those ornament hangers?!" I thought that was quite nice of her and very holiday spirit-y.

Anyway, so now I'm thinking maybe I should be nice and spend some money buying a nice tree for our house. Every year, I moan about putting the tree up because it's a pain in the butt to do so with having to stick each branch on the tree (versus those ones where you just unfold the branches). Plus, I thought it was cool that they now have "Christmas Tree Nets." Instead of circling the tree with lights, you can buy these nets where you just basically shove on the tree and voila! Lights all over the tree! I swear, they're the coolest thing I've seen this year! This can also serve as a Christmas present for my mom because I'm sure she'll be thrilled that I'm not boycotting Christmas this year unlike what I did last year (Hey, I wanted to be in the Philippines, okay?! HeHe).

(Let me babble because I need to entertain myself. LoL)

However, while driving home, I felt a tad bit lonely. There's a difference between being alone and feeling lonely. I'm usually fine being alone, but today I felt lonely. Tsk. Tsk. Two weeks ago, I bought myself earrings and I'm in the process of buying a new watch. While there are boyfriends and girlfriends out there who are worrying about what to get their significant other, I'm here relying on myself to buy the things that I want. There's definitely nothing wrong with that, but having meaningful things is nicer than just having things, correct? Sino kaya ang magbibigay sa akin ng meaningful iPod ko? HeHe!

No comments:

Post a Comment