Saturday, January 7, 2006

I Caught the Bouquet

Well, sort of. Here's the play-by-play action.

Cattle Call

Mayie asked all the single girls to come to the front. Zara, Bajeng, and I just came back from the mini-bar. For the first time in my life, I was excited to participate so I grabbed Bajeng by the wrist and dragged her to the front (she didn't want to go because we didn't know yet who had the garter. HaHa!). Anyway, here's the group pic of all the innocent women.

The Flowers

The object of the "game" was to pass the bouquet around. When the music stopped, the girl who had the bouquet was the "winner." The joker in me decided to come out during this: when the bouquet got to me, I held it for five seconds as if to make sure that I was the winner. Once everyone got the joke, I passed the bouquet on. During the second time the bouquet went around, the music stopped right when it got to me. Look at that reaction! Look at Florence (in red) who has no intention of receiving the bouquet! After looking up, I realized that the DJ was facing my way. Hence, he could clearly see when I had the flowers. Hmph! LoL.

Host: What's your name?
Me: Mina.
Host: Why did you want the bouquet?
Me: I was just kidding!

I need to learn how to pick the right time to be funny. HaHa!

Round 1: Holding Hands

After the bouquet, came the garter. I was blindfolded while Dennis called out all the single male guests. There were five bachelors for the night's dating game (ang sarap pala ng feeling na pinagaagawan ka ng limang lalake! HaHa!). For the first round, I was supposed to feel all their hands and pick three out of the five. I remember the first one having soft hands and another guy's hands were sweaty. I ended up picking Bachelors 1, 3, and 5 just because they're all odd numbers. How systematic of me! HaHa! Look at the host, she was so kilig! HaHa!

Round 2: Smelling Bachelor #3

I was supposed to sniff my way through this and pick two out of the three who had nice scents. I wasn't about to use my nose to judge my fate so I just picked Bachelors 3 and 5 for the heck of it. Can you tell I'm not taking the game seriously? HaHa! It was at this time that I asked on the mic, "St. Scho girls, help me out!" I was getting scared that I would end up with an ugly guy. HaHa! Here's me smelling Bachelor #3.

Round 2: Smelling Bachelor #5

He didn't have a scent. I think it was only Bachelor #3 who had cologne on. At the end of the night, Zara said that I made the right decision regarding this round. HaHa!

Round 3: First Date with Bachelor #5

For the last round, I had to ask them a question. I joked and asked, "Pogi ka ba?" HaHa! Then, I joked again and asked, "Sa dates natin, sino ang magbabayad?" I swear, I have so much angst! HaHa! Mayie ended up telling me to ask, "Where would you take me on our first date?" Here's Bachelor #5 telling me that he would take me to Tagaytay (All together now: Nanaman?! HaHa!). This is my favorite pic, by the way. He looks like he's proposing to me. Yihee! HaHa!

Round 3: First Date with Bachelor #3

He said somewhere remote, like a jungle, like Fernwood Gardens. According to Zara, the host said, "Aba, kasal na agad ang iniisip!"

Blindfold Off

I ended up picking Bachelor #5 for saying Tagaytay. Rationale? It was specific. Alrighty then. HeHe! I had to adjust my eyes so when they showed me Bachelor #3, I didn't realize right away that he was cute. HaHa! My guy, Bachelor #5, didn't disappoint me, though. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw him. ;P

The Garter

Thank heavens for my pedicure! HaHa! He took off my shoe for me and I forgot to point my toes so he had a hard time at first to slip on the garter. Though I think he was just checking out my foot. HeHe!

Thumbs Up

Dennis and Mayie actually had a cool photographer (eventhough I gave him a hard time throughout the whole night, telling him that he was cheesy, HaHa!). The photographer would make people do silly poses. Here's Garter Boy giving the thumbs up sign. Yeah, you scored only because I let you. HaHa!

Higher

This guy had plans to go all the way ata. Seriously, I had no idea how far the garter was supposed to go, so I was just watching what he was doing. HeHe! For someone who had to deal with a lot of torpes in Manila, I was just happy that I found someone who was the total opposite...and who doesn't look bad either. HaHa!

Couples

Both couples had to face eachother for this photo-op. Hmm, may itsura ang bata. LoL. For prizes, he and I got limited edition Dennis and Mayie shirts...and became the night's entertainment. Ang saya! LoL.

Solo

After we left the spotlight, he asked if I could come over to their table to get a picture taken with the whole barkada. I had no idea why I had to be in their barkada pic, but okay, fine. I learned that they were all Dennnis' MBA classmates. About half an hour later, Zara and I decided to go home. Here's the last pic of the night...or so I thought.

Together Again

Before leaving Fernwood, inutusan ako ng aking driver na ibaba ang regalo...at isoli ang garter na suot ko pa rin. After handing over the gift to the lobby people, I went back to the dance area to find Mayie. I ended up finding Dennis and said, "Dennis! Diba, ibabalik ko ito sa inyo?" He said, "Sa iyo na yan!" I said, "Hindi no!" Then he said to give it back to him and motioned to his left. Who's over there? Garter Boy and the whole barkada! All of them started hooting and hollering again because I was around (feeling artista talaga ako!). We ended up having another photo-op with like five cameras in front of us. You can't tell from this pic, but his hands were around my waist. To those who have heard my recent woes about dating in Manila, it's safe to say that my prayers have been answered, don't you think? HaHa!

It was a great night. If you're single, attend weddings. They're fun! LoL. Well, they're fun when there are a lot of pogi guests. HaHa!

Last but not the least, many thanks go out to Zara who made it possible for me to share with you guys these pictures. Zara, you're the best! I didn't have to ask you to take the pics, you just did. You didn't let hiya get in the way of capturing one of the happiest nights of my life (ang babaw ko talaga!). I couldn't ask for a better date and friend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mina, wala akong masabi sa pagka-detalye mo! Grabe! Was smiling-laughing the whole time I was reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa! Thank God for Zara taking all the pictures! It was definitely a memorable night in more ways than one! Leche, I want the video version! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete