Monday, January 30, 2006

At Your Best

Okay, so the last month was a little sad and depressing. So much so that a MALE visitor actually e-mailed me to ask if I was okay. And yes, that is a big deal since most of the time, it's the females who come running when my world starts turning blue. :) It’s also a shame that I didn't get a chance to tell you guys about my second trip to Cebu, Sinulog, and Bisaya Boys because of my sad state. Boo!

Anyway, I'm back to my usual self. Afterall, my favorite month of the year is almost here! Promise, no sarcasm there! Why is it my favorite month? As someone pointed it out to me before, "Your website visitors comment a lot when the topic is about love." HeHe!

While I was sending my resumes out today, I was concurrently (ooh, big word!) dishing love advice on YM (See? I told you guys I was back to my usual self!). The topic was about being hurt, disappointed, and other variations of that sort.

I've always said that dating is like job hunting: you'll have to go through many "No"s to get to the one "Yes." So the more "No"s you encounter, the closer you are to finally arriving to the "Yes." My point? Don't ever stop looking (or in my case, don't ever stop waiting to be found. HaHa!). It's okay! Sure, it hurts like hell because you had high hopes that maybe you found someone worth your while, but he/she turned out to be the opposite. Add the fact that you don't have an immediate replacement to fill the void. However, it shouldn't be enough to warrant you to stop dead in your tracks. Afterall, if you do stop, how will you ever get to where you want to be? Naks! (I really need to listen to my own advice more often. HeHe!)

And speaking of disappointments, it's not because women are demanding. You know why our standards get higher and higher as time passes by? It’s because of you, the male species. As I told Zara a week ago, "Girl, I think I need to be more specific when I ask God for a lovelife. It's not enough to ask for a 'Pogi, tall, smart guy' because sometimes, He forgets that along with those said qualities, the guy also needs to be not gay, or selfish, or forgetful, or (insert other adjectives that I've whined about before). Sometimes, I'm like, "Um, God, did You not know that I wanted a straight guy?" LoL. Tet and I have long concluded that God is a funny Man. :)

Anyway, where was I...oh yes, so it's not because it's our nature to change boys to men (*ahem); It's because the past guys that we dealt with made our lives a living hell and we don't want to put up with the same crap again (ooh, hear the bitterness).

If it's any consolation, we believe in evolution: As we get older, us women hope that the next guy we encounter has evolved to a better man than the last guy we spent time with. So don't blame us for being "demanding" as you like to put it; blame the last boy that taught us to be a little bit wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment