The best and most effective way for women to bond is to talk about their exes and the horrible things men have done to them. Hands down, this is how we grow closer to one another.
I experienced it with Zara in September. It was 4.5 hours of me sitting on my butt listening to her talk about how horrible a certain ex was to her. Imagine, 4.5 hours! How horrible can a guy get, right? Tsk! Zara and I ended the night with a text to one another, thanking eachother for a great night.
Last week, Tet had her turn. I seriously could see steam coming out of her ears as she recalled her past. I can still vividly hear her say, "Baunin niya yun!" LoL. We lasted about 3 hours at Shang that day. Again, afterwards, I got a text from her saying that she had a great time.
Most recently, a few of my girl cousins and I had our day for such a talk. Although, in one of our cases, one of us erred instead of the guy to which I just had to say, "Ang bait na nga nung boyfriend mo tapos tinatarantado mo pa!" I'm so pro-good guy talaga. HaHa! Anyway, we all had a great time and I'm glad that we had that chance to understand eachother's wants and needs in our (potential) significant other.
What I don't understand is how horrible guys can really get. It's like sometimes you just have to wonder if they're even human. Yeah, that bad! And since this is my website, allow me to wallow and ask what is it about me that makes guys treat me badly? What the hell did I do to be treated in such a manner? As Pen told me before, "You're too nice kasi!" Grr! Being nice is now a fault! Grr again!
But regardless, time heals all wounds. Zara and Tet have found guys worth keeping. As for my cousins, when they're a little bit older (and have finished college!), I do hope that they find guys who are the solution and not the problem in their life. As for me? Nuns have always been regarded as nice, you know. ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment