Thursday, April 6, 2006

Brotherhood

Condo owner: Ikaw lang ba titira sa unit? Single ka pa ba?
Me: Opo. Single pa po ako. Ako lang po ang titira duon.
Condo owner: Ay, ang brother ko single pa din!
Me: Condo po ang pinunta ko dito, hindi boyfriend.
Condo owner: (laughs)

Why is everyone trying to make me a part of his/her family?! Kuya Heinz, do enlighten us on the matter. ;P The condo owner also offered to take me with her to Cavite when she goes home to her family and to Bulacan when her family goes there for Holy Week. She also treated me to dinner and told me that I was pretty. Soon after, she dropped the "Brother Bomb." Yes, I have a term for it now. LoL.

I'm starting to think that I'm more appealing to be someone's future sister-in-law than to be someone's girlfriend. What a sad, sad world this is! ;P Regardless, I really do hope to finally find "The Brother" someday; I just hope he doesn't belong to a church. HaHa!

8 comments:

  1. lol. ganyan talaga, pakiramdam ko. hehehe.

    congratulations on the job ulit!!! finally!!!

    as for me, i'm preparing the move to california... which is in less than four days now!

    ingat~

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least minus one problem ka if the brother thingy work out di ba? meron kang in law na gusto ka =P malay mo naman ok si brother give it a chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey soon-to-be-neighbor...the brother is not bad-looking...but i don't know him, hence, can't set you up. but you have all the reason in the world to knock on his door and make pakiusap, so long as it is apartment-related. :-) see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Anne: Hindi pa official; save the congratulations for later when I've finally made the big announcement. LoL.

    You know what to do in Cali, right? Save, save, save. :) Congrats on graduating! Keep the idealism alive as you conquer the real world. :)

    Kat: Sa in-laws palagi naman walang problema. Ang masama duon sa boylet palagi nagkakaproblema. ;P

    Tet: Umm, pakiusap to share his cable service? LoL. I was just thinking, yung dream ko na hatid/sundo ako ng guy...umm, Ted can definitely fulfill that dream. LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always the potential sister-in-law, never the girlfriend, hehe. Ayaw mo yun, there are plenty of people who think you'd be a good match for their brother?

    As to why, well, you have to admit, you're the girl-next-door type. Our role and responsibility is introducing you or setting you up. After that, we are not liable for any distress, problem, disappointment, heartache, pain, suffering, or anger under the court of law. hehe

    Well, you (almost) found the job you wanted. Who knows, the boyfriend thingie will follow soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brother: Good match lang kasi martyr ako kaya nakakaya ko kahit sinong kapatid ang ibato sa akin. ;P

    Akala ko pa naman you're going to say that I'm pretty, smart, loving, and thoughtful kaya reto-able. Tsk! Tumaas na ba presyo mo?! LoL.

    Job first. Apartment second. Boyfriend third. Hmm, it's time na nga for the boyfriend. LoL. As the commercial says, "Buti pa ang Paranaque, may BF." ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teka, may taga BF Paranaque akong kilala na naging crush mo for a night, ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HaHa! My heart is too fragile for Garter Boy. ;P But at least, I'm now accessible to Paranaque folks. It's a whole new world! O, scroll through your phone book again! LoL.

    ReplyDelete