Wednesday, July 5, 2006

A step Up

I just got home after spending the entire day at the W0rld Visi0n Philippine National Office. The program that I handle was implemented in Nicaragua last month; this month, it is the Philippines' turn. After this, 52 more countries all over the world will have their own individual implementations.

After three months on the job, I'm finally seeing the fruits of my labor. I'm seeing where all my hours went. I'm realizing what you can get from a person's blood, sweat, and tears. I'm realizing the impact it has in the organization, in the ministry, in the world.

How many people can actually say that they're making an impact in the world, like the whole ENTIRE world? That what they're making/organizing will be distributed globally? That their program will change the organization that they work for? That millions of children will have a chance at a better future because of what you did? As one of the staff members said, "You're creating a legacy." Naks! HeHe.

I had a couple of interviews at P&G before and even they don't implement such big things. Their marketing strategies are created in Singapore and are meant for regional reach only. Me? Worldwide, baby.

On Friday, Homer reminded me the ironic things about this position. I remember him telling me back in November about a project he was bidding for and how he got the lead. I remember him e-mailing me the samples that he created for the project. I remember him texting me back in December when he didn't get the project. What were all the creative requirements for? They were all for this project: my project. The project name that he tried to create a brand for is now part of my job title. The guy from church who gave him the lead is now my boss. The samples he created and showed me before via e-mail are now accessible in the database that I manage. Freaky, right? Si God talaga, o.

Anyway, remember last year when I said I wanted to make a difference in the world? I guess this is it; God gave me what I wanted again. I actually found a personal mission far greater than my quest for a lovelife. HaHa!

And that's why I can't seem to let go eventhough the temptation is so great. As the months progress, I pray for strength to continue. I pray for my parents' continuous understanding. I pray na wala nang errors/headaches/heartbreaks concerning my responsibilities. I pray na hindi umiral yung gusto ko and just believe in God using me as an instrument (banal na banal na talaga! HaHa!). I pray for a lovelife kasi sabi ng iba diyan I should pray for it daw...wait, this is not related to my job...sige, I pray that the vacancy in the office will be filled by a single, pogi guy so that overtime won't be so bad. HaHa! I pray that the stress levels will be manageable soon because my cheeks are getting rounder again and that is soooo not good! I pray that there will be time for much needed rest so that I can continue taking one step at a time.

4 comments:

  1. hi mina! am glad that everything is ok with your job.. hahaha..konti lang nga naman ang makapagsasabi na "my work reaches beyond the borders of one's own country"..naks! worldwide!

    hmm...lovelife..'wag daw intayin..kusang darating..

    ReplyDelete
  2. may nagsabi din sa'ken na ang lovelife daw talagang dapat ipagdasal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. been soooo busy, Mina, but know that i still visit your site!
    and reading this entry is just... GREAT. congratulations and much much more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ey mina! nagamit ba yung mga designs? so eric is the head honcho for step? hehe. daming tanong. i hope we can be part of it still. i really liked the 'magnitude' of the concept.

    yeah, it's kinda creepy (or providential) on how you got the job. i guess you can say that it is my own contribution that can impact the world. haha, ipilit ba?

    ReplyDelete