Friday, July 7, 2006

Thou Shall Not Steal...Often?

It was bound to happen: I bought a pirated DVD!

I know there are no excuses for it, but let me make some anyway. First, I went and saw it in the movie theatre when it came out, so hey, I'm a real paying customer. Two, there was no DVD version of it in the stores; VCD lang (Papa the Powerbook does not play VCDs). Three, all the legit DVDs here in Manila are Region 3; I'm a Region 1 kind of gal. When I bought a legit Before Sunrise DVD last month and played it on Papa, I had to switch regions and I was warned that I was allowed to switch regions only three more times. Well, what happens if I move around the world? Hence, I got to preserve my region-switching abilities. Fourth, umm, I'm bored out of my mind in the condo and I figured if I buy one DVD that I can watch over and over again, I won't be thinking too much about not having a lovelife. Good excuses, yeah? ;P

So what DVD did I spend my precious P60 on? Little Manhattan (Hey, at least it wasn't Over the Hedge, okay? HaHa!). I swear, that movie makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. When I first saw that movie, I was too focused on the very funny "Two and a half weeks!" scene, but now, I'm more into the "Eventually, the many little things left unsaid piled up until we never said anything at all." O, ibaba ang mga kilay. HaHa!

Anyway, I hope this the first and last buy...unless I find a DVD copy of Rain's concert. Then you'll all just have to find it in your hearts to forgive me (and tell God that I did it out of love. HaHa!).

9 comments:

  1. Oh thats my favorite line in the whole movie too! Di mo sinabi. I could have just gotten you a dvd and sent it with my Lola when she went home. Kaso andiyan na siya =( I had a post inspired by that line but I had to quote it properly and my dvd is with my niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. buying pirated DVDs can be easily avoided, if only you could find original DVDs easily. the things is, you can't...

    (i think i'm just giving myself an excuse to buy fake ones...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. psssssttttt circuit city sold $5 DVDs last 4th of July. wala lang ... feel ko lang mang-gloat!

    wala pang Little Manhattan though - siguro by thanksgiving sale na yan.

    i didn't know pinas is region 3 - how korean, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rai: Make sure you tell me whenever may uuwi. ;P

    Primo: I would have to agree on that one. But kapag sale yung mga orig DVDs, they're really cheap. P250? Mas mura yan kesa sa Amerika.

    Pen: I know, I miss sales! Good sales! Region nga eh, so mag-ka-region ang Krungville and Pinas. ;P Ihanda mo nang ipahiram ang Krung library mo sa akin ha. USPS shall make money on us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can reset your dvd region. i just bought dvd on sale from astro vision the other day. so far no problem.

    try to download freeware VLC media player for VCD titles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hayaan mo sasabihan kita or better yet let me know (list) of what you want at baka magkataon na sale I will get para ready na when someone goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ay, di ko na lang sasabihin sa iyo na nakakapanood ako ng pirated dvd pala :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's my Japan photos since you were asking:



    Here was my itinerary:




    Belle

    P.S. Am poorer by hundreds of pesoses tonight cuz of our single girls' night out. Your turn soooooon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my Japan photos since you were asking:

    http://belleloved.livejournal.com/55975.html#cutid1

    Here was my itinerary:

    http://belleloved.livejournal.com/55600.html


    Belle

    P.S. Am poorer by hundreds of pesoses tonight cuz of our single girls' night out. Your turn soooooon. :P

    ReplyDelete