Today, my life as a Philippine resident officially ended: I closed my BPI savings account/handed over my ATM card. Instead of being sad, I'm actually thrilled that I finally parted ways with that particular branch of BPI. It was like I got freed from hell. I kid you not.
I hate that branch. It took me 1.5 hours to open a bank account there (I had no choice as our paychecks get automatically deposited there). It took me 45 minutes to encash my first paycheck (Since then, I've asked Manang Au to do any encashments for me because I really despised standing in their long, slow lines). I hope that not all BPI branches are like that. Otherwise, how the heck is this country going to fare well globally if our financial institutions are like that?! Tsk!
Let me tell you about my favorite bank, though. Wait, maybe not...since its Managing Director still hasn't hooked me up with my dream man. HaHa! ;P
It's the only bank that makes you feel like you're at home, since you can see the staff eating their lunch, haha!
ReplyDelete