Well, it's true: you win some, you lose some.
In this part of the trip, I am a loser. I guess that's what I get for not arranging accommodations before I set foot in a new country (I had no time in Bangkok since I was only there for two days). Apparently, it's a holiday here so accommodations are expensiiiiiiiiiive. Whatever I saved for staying with co-workers in Bangkok, I lost in just one night in Macau. And tonight, it's even more expensive. Seriously, I just want to cry as I watch my budget go down the drain with a quickness. Argh!
If there's any consolation, I met a Filipina woman at the airport and she has been helping me get around the city. I don't think I would've found the hotel that I booked at the airport yesterday if it weren't for her. Today, I'm eating lunch with the family and the kids will come with me to sightsee. Her husband also got me a discounted Macau Tower ticket. They are truly heaven sent.
Oh, another consolation is that I got a Starbucks Macau City Mug...and I ate a Portugese egg tart (my fave).
Tomorrow, I ride the Turbojet to Hong Kong. At least I have a place to stay there already. Good for me.
sorry to hear about the sucky accommodations, but yay for Filipinos everywhere! And HK! :D:D:D
ReplyDeleteHere's a motivational hug:).