I've always been against meeting strangers on social networking sites so whenever someone sends a message or asks to be added as my friend, I always just ignore him. But a couple of months ago while researching at work, I read this one article that made me re-think about my antipatika ways.
The gist of it was that you do have to add these "potential friends". If you're just going to stick with just having your real-life friends in your network, then you're back to square one: you already know the people you know. You don't need a third-party site to communicate with them; you can just e-mail them yourself. And if you're unhappy about the people that you already know (insert laugh here), then here's your chance to meet others to replace them (insert bigger laugh here). Talagang napa-hmmm ako duon.
So despite my little epiphany of two months ago, I was still ignoring those stranger-sters. What can I say, old habits die hard...at hindi sila pogi. HaHa! However, the other night, someone sent a smile...at may potential ang bata ha. I was telling Raissa last night that I don't look for geeks, they find me. HaHa! Anyway, so regardless of how dorky I think the "Send a Smile" option is on Friendster, what the hell are you supposed to do when someone does send you a smile? I swear, I'm sitting here baffled about this 21st century phenomenon of poking people online and sending smiles. It's like when guys used to send @->->-- back in the day. Crap, I think I just dated myself with that little tidbit. HaHa!
look beyond the facade kasi LOL malay mo hes not as geeky as you think he is. me potential talaga siya *nudge* *nudge*
ReplyDeleteHello, the goal is to veer away from the same mold that led me to be this angst-ridden girl! HaHa!
ReplyDelete