Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hi Seoul Indeed

Oh Seoul, I have come back for you!

After almost two years since my 10-hour layover in 2007, I'm back in the Land of the Morning Calm (whatever that is supposed to really mean).

On my flight to Narita, I was sitting in the last row, window seat next to an ajussi. This might be my preferred seat from now on since no one was coughing behind me nor was someone using my headrest to balance himself/herself whenever nature called (the latter is a HUGE pet peeve of mine when flying).

And Asiana Airlines is still my favorite airline; United's food was not up to par compared to what Asiana served me in 2007; I'm not even going to try to describe the half-sandwich that they served as a snack from Narita to Incheon. Plus, no toiletry kit. Boo!

Incheon International is still the greatest airport for me; my local Sea-Tac International can't be compared. I just love how after you claim your luggage and pass the Customs, the double doors open (for each person) and the waiting area is full of people, looking towards you. It feeds the inner wanna-be-celebrity in me since I always imagine the paparazzi are taking pictures as I walk out. HaHa!

As if God granted my shallow wish of an eye-candy-filled trip, I was welcomed by hot oppas right off the bat. The hotel shuttle driver met me at the 1st floor Tourist Information Counter and we proceeded to the shuttle which was filled with passengers already; I ended up sitting in the front. Because of the tinted windows and my not wanting to look too obvious by looking back, I didn't exactly know who was there, but I heard all of them talking in Korean throughout the 15-minute ride from ICN to the Airport Square. I swear, hearing Korean spoken by young guys is music to my ears. ;P When we got to the hotel, God's gift was unwrapped: five twenty-something guys, decked out in suits, who were all equally good-looking by Korean drama standards (I thought one was more good-looking than the rest). "Omo, omo!" alright. Yeah, my happiness is THAT shallow. Let me be. HaHa!

So after my "first day in Seoul", here I am, on my double bed, looking forward to the next six days. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment