Saturday, March 21, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

You know that stage in a relationship when it's not working out and you want to break it off, but you haven't had the guts to utter those very words that would allow you to be free? So, you're still together, but in your heart and mind, it's over and you're just waiting for the other person to initiate "The Talk."

Well, yesterday, my supervisor finally uttered those words that set me free: I was laid off. Before you gasp, send your deep regrets, and ask if I'm okay, there's no need (okay, maybe it would be nice to show your concern, but no rush. LoL). When I'm devastated about something, I see darkness, but I seriously see the light in this case. Very bright lights...of Akihabara. Kidding!

I'm sure that when I get back from my vacay and the frustration of jobhunting sets in, I'll be crying for help on here, but right now, I'm quite indifferent about the whole situation. I haven't been happy at work for months; it's hard to be happy at a place where your God-given talents are not utilized to the full extent or that you're surrounded by people who don't have the same work ethics as you do. It didn't help much when four of my fellow Asian-American co-workers left in the span of one year and I was the only one left behind by mid-December with no one to talk to.

As with everything in life, I know this happened for a reason and I'd like to think that this is a blessing from God. Funny because last week's sermon in church had something to do with the current state of the economy (people's dependence on material wealth and the devastation that occurs when one gets laid off) and my prayer during communion was for God to show me the right path. What was today's sermon about? Seeing the light (in reference to the blind man)! And when my supervisor came into my office yesterday to deliver the news, I was actually spring cleaning my office. Imagine that.

So, if anyone knows of any Marketing/Communication job openings in travel/technology/media sectors, let me know about it. It doesn't matter if it's in-state, out-of-state, or even out of the country because I'm very much free and ready to take on a new path. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment