Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Road to Recovery

I'm a recovering addict.

In the 1980s, my mom and titas brought me to Sanrio Gift Gate in Greenhills and Ali Mall one too many times. I kicked the habit soon after we moved to the US.

But just like any addiction, mine came back in the mid-90s to early 2000. I even worked part-time at a local Sanrio store to satisfy my urges (I basically paid Sanrio to work there because all of my paychecks went straight back to the store, thanks to my 25% employee discount).

Nine years later (minus a couple of moments of weakness), I've been Sanrio-free. I've sold most of my collection on eBay through the years and I only have about 15% of my old collection left.

With my pending trip to Japan (a pilgrimage, if you will), you can imagine the "threat" that comes with it. I can handle a day at Sanrio Puroland. I'm a grown woman afterall. But this might be too much. Four whole floors full of Sanrio stuff?! Not to mention a complete list of Sanrio shops all over Tokyo?!

Oh my, I might be in big trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment