Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Achieving

I watched Pipol tonight which featured Tony Tan Caktiong of Jollibee. Grabe, I'm feening for Palabok Fiesta and Mango Peach Pies right now. Ahhhh, ibalik na ninyo ako sa Pilipinas! HeHe. Seeing him on TV also made me think that maybe I should've met him in 2002. Baka pinakain pa ako sana ng Chicken Joy sa Ortigas. Although, I sure didn't get any free pabaons from San Miguel nor did I get a free plane ticket from Cebu Pacific Air (but really, seeing Lance Gokongwei in the flesh was enough, LoL). *SIGH. I miss good job perks...and meeting cool people...and having an all-expense-paid housing with 24/7 airconditioning. I guess it's true, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. But don't we always think how great the past is compared to the present? Kaya ako kinakabahan sa mga plano ko next year because I'm sure there will be a point in time when I'll say, "Man, I had it good before." But Mr. Caktiong tonight did emphasize that it's not really the money that makes one happy; it's the sense of achievement. Surviving pollution, traffic, and snatchers will be a sense of achievement, right? ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment