Sunday, October 3, 2004

PNW Connection

I'm stressed. Hence, the slight layout change. Hence, my clean bedroom, too. I won't dwell in my misery, nor should you (for now, hahaha), so moving along...HeHe.

Pinay Pie was shown last week on TFC. Someone said that she found it funnier than Tanging Ina, so I taped it out of curiousity. Let's forget the fact that I was able to sit through the whole thing when I watched it last night. I wouldn't have if I didn't get a glimpse of Dale Villar towards the latter half of the movie. I had no idea he was in it. I even rewound to make sure it was indeed him and it was!

First of all, I wasn't in Manila anymore when Dale started his career so I never saw him in "Ober Da Bakod" or in his Pepsi commercials. I only knew of him because back in the 90s, there was a Saturday kids show on our local NBC station called "Watch This!" and it featured Dale once because of the Pacific Northwest connection. The storyline was how "Dalebert Ace Villar was a high school nerd" and how "popular he was in the Philippines." Ever since then, I've entertained the thought of my going to Portland and running into him (Portland is only 3 hours away from Seattle). Anyway, I had no idea he's back in Manila. See? I'm not the only crazy one around here who wants to make a career out of being a balikbayan! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment