Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Flipped to the Other Side

It is against my personal values to buy Havaianas. For me, flipflops should cost no more than $3 during the summer season. So you could just imagine my disbelief when I found out that people in the Philippines pay $14 for a bunch of rubber soles.

Though, I do have a pair of pink ones myself, a gift from Ninang last Christmas 2005. Well, after almost two years, I also have this pair:



Technically, I didn't buy them. Salve got them for me as a going-away gift (gotta love my co-workers). I actually just wanted the black slim ones; I've been asking Tet about them since February, but haven't seen them in the stores that were supposed to have them. On Sunday, I found a pair at Chocolate at Shangri-La. I still didn't buy them then because I still couldn’t get myself to do it. In fact, I could think of 10 billion other ways to spend my P695...all food-related, by the way. HeHe.

When Salve said she was going to buy me this Zara umbrella that cost some P1,200, I told her that I would rather have the relatively cheaper Havaianas. She said okay, so we trooped down to Shangri-La today after work. (See, my co-workers have this ability to act like a pseudo-boyfriend to me--taking me out to dinner, buying me stuff as gifts, watching movies with me, the works. Who the heck needs a boyfriend when these people are around?)

After she saw the black slim ones, she thought the ones with the flowers looked better. I reminded her that those flowers cost P200 more. She said she'll fork over the money for the price of the black ones and I pay the difference. By some evil force, I did give in to this arrangement. Now I understand how Philippine senators become balimbing all of a sudden. HaHa!

If it's any consolation, they're University of Washington colors. Go Huskies!

7 comments:

  1. Do i see any "cros" coming soon hehehe

    awww your previous post ala Amazing Race in Manila was very good. Parang gusto ko rin gawin when i head back to Manila this August hmmm on the second thought baka mawala ako hehehe then i need to buy tha P3,500 book hehehe

    Halika uwi ka na dito sa westcoast para tumigil na rin ang ulan hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost bought that exact same havies, but then ang kinuha ko yung orange color :) dapat mag-hoard ka na ng ganyan kasi mas mahal sa US hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bading: Pay for my plane fare in August and willing and able akong maging GRO, este, tourguide mo! Magaling akong mag-FX! A wowowowee talent of mine! ;P

    Punta ako diyan on a weekend when I get back. Since summer naman, madaling magdrive up north. Paki-handa na lang ang sahig na tutulugan ko. ;P

    Aya: I was choosing between the orange and purple ones, too! Pero I went for the purple dahil nga alma mater colors ko. HeHe! Excuse, wala akong pang-hoard, ano! Sabi ko nga, sa kangkungan ako pupulutin pagbalik ko ng Amerika with my SE Asia trips. HeHe. And that's why I have left it up to others to bless me with Havaianas para ma-inlove na rin ako sa mga mamahalin na tsinelas! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mina: kakaka transplanted na ako stop calling me bading hahaha

    anyways high waist, bakit ka sa s ahig matutulog aagawan mo pa ako bwahahaha come over around june andito yung pinsan kung komedyante magshoshow daw hahaha

    badingerzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bading Box: Sino kasama ni Pinsan? Alam mo naman, wala akong pagnanasa sa pinsan mo. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang mahal dito so I dont buy here. well actually the only Havaianas I own is the black "Filipinas" one. bigay pa ng nanay at tatay ko. Dapat me white din ako kaso my aunt decided to get it for my whole clan grrr sobrang dami nung white kaya I really wanted the black one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May black pala nun! I only saw the white ones last year and hindi ko binili dahil dumihin. Like magkano ba diyan?

    ReplyDelete