Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Road Well Traveled

I'm actually going to do it. All tickets have been booked!

While I traveled "the road less traveled by" this past 1.5 years, I'm going to do the opposite on my S.E. Asia trip. I will just hit the metropolitan cities/tourist attractions only, without worrying too much about "absorbing the culture" and all that jazz. This is my first multi-city trip afterall and I want to make sure that I come out alive. Oh, and another rule is I'm avoiding all white-sand beaches; I'm beached-out, thanks to my beloved Wow Philippines tour.

Without further ado, here is my set itinerary:
April 13: Jakarta
April 17: Kuala Lumpur
April 21: Siem Reap/Phnom Penh
April 27: Bangkok (Again? Again!)
April 30: Macau/Hong Kong

Okay, that looks rather wimpy, but I'm a newbie, remember? I had wanted to go to Vietnam, but I would've had to arrange for my visa prior to traveling and I don't want to do that. We'll save that when I go to China, India, and Taiwan before I turn 30.

What I don't have is my Manila-Tokyo-Seattle or Manila-Seoul-Seattle ticket. So far, either one will cost an arm and a leg if I make a stopover longer than a day. Hmph! I was thiiiiiiiiiis close to hugging The Little Twin Stars in real life, man! *SIGH.

However, I did find this. I figured, I can go back to the States, drop off my stuff, and head back out to Asia and hit up all the expensive destinations: Japan, Korea, and Taiwan in 21 days. That's if I have enough money for the fare, accommodations, food, and oh yeah, local transportation after S.E. Asia has been said and done.

Donations? Donations, anyone? ;P

1 comment:

  1. wow, you're traveling a lot this month! that cathay all-asia pass sounds like a good deal! you should get it :P

    anyway, hope to see you in seoul!

    btw, i noticed you graduated from UW. i have a younger cousin who graduated from UW in 2005 :)

    ReplyDelete