The first forum I ever joined was for *NSYNC (circa late '90s).
The second one was for Mac users (PhilMug!).
Now, I have graduated and joined BootsnAll.
For one simple reason: travel planning sucks! I need all the help I can get!
Maybe because the best way to travel is to not plan at all, but since I will be on a limited budget, I have a "the meter is running" mentality for each day that I'm not back in Seattle. HaHa!
It's looking like this:
- Bali
- Jakarta
- Kuala Lumpur (yeah, I'm skipping Singapore)
- Bangkok (to meet up with a co-worker)
- Siem Riep (oh Angkor Wat, I can't wait!)
- Phnom Penh
- Macau (depends on AirAsia's price)
- Hong Kong (been there, done that, but it's a hub to get to Manila)
- Manila (to get all my crap)
- Tokyo (the dream is about to become a reality!)
- Seattle (mi casa es su casa)
I want to insert Seoul right before Tokyo, but I'm still praying to God that I'll win the Lotto tomorrow to make it all happen (or I find a chingu who can promise me he/she knows where I can see K1m Rae W0n in the flesh. HaHa!).
I'm willing to skip the Macau/Hong Kong stops should there be a cheaper flight to Manila available from Phnom Penh (doubt it).
It's so nice and grand to look at the list, but I'm still trying to convince myself that it's okay to go to Bali and Jakarta alone(no thanks to the latest airline disaster today). I figured once I get there, the rest of the trip will be done (and thy will be done!).
I have hired, err, I mean, asked Roy to take me around Tokyo so that's a winner (Rick will you be a winner, too? HaHa!). Lilian will be with me in Bangkok and Siem Reap/Phnom Penh, so that's awesome possum. The only problem is really Jakarta and Bali. Where are your friends when you need them?
And fyi, I have figured out my logistics problem regarding "my stuff." I will spend the money to ship my Starbucks mugs (all nine of them, baby!) and other things via DHL. I will leave my 28-inch luggage in Manila, then go around SE Asia, then come back to Manila for the 28-inch luggage, duffel bag with wheels, and Papa the Powerbook. Genius, eh?
I just can't believe that it's friggen March already! I still need to make a budget spreadsheet and itineraries! Ahh, procrastination still lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment