Thursday, April 29, 2004

The Sights and Sounds

So far, I'm averaging one job perk a month. Tonight, I got to go on the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train for free. It was my first time on it and the first time I had ever been on a train. I definitely recommend it! The food was great! No need to worry about motion sickness either, because my cousin and I were fine after the three-hour trip. Oppressive moment of the night: this guy that I met from Florida referred to my cousin and I as "oriental girls." Geez!

Working at Job #1 has made me realize that I haven't seen/done many things around here. I haven't gone up to Mt. St. Helens. I haven't done the Underground Tour. I haven't gone to the San Juan Islands. I haven't checked out the Olympic National Park, which I heard was nice because of the old growth forests. I should do all of these before I even think about moving to another state. I just hope the Gasoline Gods would cooperate this summer: it cost me almost $20 to get a full-tank this weekend. Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment