Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Sayaw Kikay

I really think God made a mistake when he made me a girl. Hindi talaga kaya ng powers ko to be kikay. LoL.

The area in between my two eyebrows has been breaking out lately. Mind you, I barely got pimples when I was a teenager, so I'm blaming threading for my latest facial blemishes. I decided to find an alternative just for that area in between my brows: Sally Hansen Extra Strength Creme Hair Bleach. Upon reading the instructions, I found out that one shouldn't put the solution near your eyes (duh, it's bleach!). So much for my being clever about a vanity issue.

Anyway, because I'm now a "professional," complete with business cards to hand out to people, I decided that maybe it's time to learn how to look "grown up" during those important business functions. So, today, I went to Gene Juarez to learn how to put make-up on. First of all, I couldn't believe that there are mothers out there who take their little 12-year-olds in these upscale salons for a haircut. It's the same disbelief I have when I see 16-year-olds buying underwear at Victoria's Secret. I just don't get it, folks. Anyway, first question of make-up artist: "So, are you in high school? College?" My reply: "Umm, I'm done with college and working full-time." Make-up artist: "You look so young!" Does society ever say, "You look so old!" to someone? Then why do I have to deal with such comments?! ::brushing a chip off my shoulder::

So for the next hour, she applied make-up on me. She introduced me to the different brushes, eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipliners, mascaras, blushes, stuff that are really foreign to me. I'm sure I had a confused expression on my face the entire time. HeHe. When she was all done, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought: women spend this much time in the morning to put this much crap on their face?! Although, I must say, having foundation is quite inviting for obvious reasons. Regardless, I have decided that make-up is really not for me. I'm too plain jane for all that. Instead, I vow to lose weight instead and drink lots of water in order to be beautiful naturally...starting September 1st. LoL. I need to fall in love with proteins first so give me a week to do the unthinkable. ;P

Afterwards, I mistakenly ventured into Wal-Mart. I should've known better than to go in there alone. What was I thinking?! Is it just me or do all of the ghetto people in the world congregate there? Such a scary place, I swear. Anyway, I have been very conscious of my feet lately due to capoeira so I wanted to give them a pedicure. How much money did I spend buying everything that I need? $35! That's just for pedicure stuff! What more if I had decided to buy make-up?!

So kids, the big lesson of the day is...I'm an amazona, hear me roar? LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment