Happy Holidays to all! (Yes, I'm being politically correct!)
How can you guys not blame me for being a grinch when I'm here at work on the day Christ was born (unless you've read The Da Vinci Code and now feel otherwise). And as if that's not enough, God must truly hate me for what happened yesterday. I was trying to be a good Catholic and went to church yesterday at 4 p.m., thinking that there would be less people at that time. Well, my sister-in-law and I thought wrong because the place was packed. We ended up standing at the back of the church along with the rest of the world. So there I was, trying to converse with God (while trying to erase vivid The Da Vinci Code excerpts from my head as I stared at the Crucifix) for half an hour when I started feeling light-headed. Instead of puking in front of my fellow Catholics, I asked my sister-in-law for the car keys and went back to the car instead. Hence, I didn't finish mass. I didn't even get to say "Peace be with you" to anybody. *SIGH. Sorry God...again.
Anyway, afterwards, the family celebrated Christmas together at our house (I had to put Pen's latest batch of Krung Krung DVDs in the backburner). As always, I was the only partner-less person around, but the great thing about my brothers and sisters is that they don't give me a hard time about this issue unlike the relatives. That, people, is what immediate families are for. LoL. Although, goodness, the Pogi Boys and Ganda Girl are majorly growing up. If these kids beat me to having a significant other, I'm surely going to have some major old maid issues. HaHa!
As I type, my sister-in-law and Ganda Girl are on a plane bound for Manila. Kuya will follow in two weeks' time. They're not going to Boracay at all, so I'm not that jealous...yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment