Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Moving Forward

Today was a perfect example to illustrate my goals for the new year. I'm so upset that I'm blogging at this time of the day instead of my usual 9-10 p.m. "reflection hour." Here are my 2005 goals:

1. Move out of the house.
Whether it's out-of-the-state or out-of-the-country, I'm going to find a place of my own; the deadline being September 1, 2005. This morning, I found that my things downstairs were moved and displaced yet again by Mother Dearest. I've lost hope that my situation at home will get any better as time goes on, so let me move out and at least preserve my sanity.

2. Find a new (and fulfilling!) job.
By no means do I think I'm the greatest, but I think I deserve better. Case in point, one of the hoteliers (No Pen, not Bayong, LoL) called up my boss this afternoon and was telling my boss how impressed she was with me and that if I would like to work as the Catering Manager for her hotel instead. Little did my boss know that I actually took that as a serious offer when she told me about it. LoL. Anyway, someone should be thanking God that my mouse at work is not a wireless one; otherwise, it would have hit her on the head this morning. I was that pissed. My job description does not include anything about putting up with someone's attitude problems so don't give me an attitude because quite frankly, I have one of my own. I seriously think that doctors need to find a cure for bipoloar disorders because I know someone who could benefit from it. Argh! Co-worker L saw everything this morning and that person should also thank God that L was on the phone with someone at that time and couldn't yell at anyone. ::Breathe in, breathe out::

So those are my only two goals this coming year. When those two happen, I will be fine. Guaranteed.

I will take the time this weekend to update my resume and send them out. If you know of any jobs that have an international scope of some sort, please let me know. I'd like to work towards my life goals with this upcoming job change. The JET application process won't be finalized until April so I'm sort of stuck in the middle of things until then. However, I refuse to not do anything about my current situation because I've had it. *SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment