Tuesday, December 21, 2004

See Right Through You

I got home just in time to see the last ten minutes of FPJ's funeral coverage; I had no idea it was even going to be covered. I'm no fan; I've never seen a movie of his and I have no clue what the Panday movies are about. The sadness that I felt was more for the realization that the adults that I know are getting older and events such as this in my family will be unavoidable in the years ahead. Sana lang, I'm a stronger woman by then.

When I first heard Susan Roces say that she didn't want politics to have anything to do with the funeral, I smiled because that's how I felt. But then, she took back her words today and I so wished she had not. I stand by what I'm going to say and that is politics did not do anything good for FPJ. If anything, politics tarnished his name and reputation. Hence, I would have preferred if politics was out of the picture during his wake/funeral as to avoid being used again for the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment