I've always wanted a little sister ever since I could remember. I'm glad that my being here in Manila has given me a chance to be an Ate. And I know that I shouldn't be the one giving advice to kids since I'm as confused as they are eventhough I'm so many years older than them, but I hope that I at least give them enough encouragement to believe that life is truly a journey worth taking. Naks! Yeah, binasa ko lang yan somewhere. HaHa!
Last night (this morning), I woke up at around 3:30 to find out that pinakyaw na naman ako ng lamok. Instead of smelling like a Fil-Am, these promdi mosquitoes must've smelled a Manila Girl and took full advantage. When I killed one, I saw all the evidence that I needed: it was all bloody. Eww!
I left the hotel at 10 and took a tricycle to McDo for my brunch. I just wore my green capris, a shirt, and my P50 Sponge Bob tsinelas that I bought with Zara before having our spontaneous salon trip a few weeks back. Gusgusin look ito kung tutuusin. If I wore the same outfit to Podium, I probably wouldn't be let in at all, but here, it was all good. How can you not fall in love with the probinsya lifestyle? HeHe.
After getting a kick out of my chicken nuggets with rice combo, I decided to ignore the convenience of P5 tricycle rides and walked around town. Yes, for the first time in three months, I was able to walk around a neighborhood because the air pollution wasn't a problem! Since it's tanghaling tapat, I was sweating buckets, but I didn't mind. I also turned red in the process: naarawan na si Casper! ;P
After seeing Douglas MacArthur's house and Rizal Park (yes, there's a Luneta in Tacloban!), I ended up hearing mass at Sto. Nino Church. I thought na magmumuni-muni ako sa tabing dagat dito pero I found the church to be the best place for some reflection. It was also cool to hear the mass in Waray-English. I'm looking forward to doing the same when I travel to other regions of this country.
At two, Camille picked me up and we went to San Juanico Bridge (longest bridge in SE Asia!), MacArthur Park, and the Villasin's house. I find it amusing that virtual friends are entering real life territory already (Raissa, kita ko na ang grad pic mo! HaHa!).
For an Ate-Little Sister Bonding, Camille and I had coffee and dinner together. Counseling session to the max! Since we're both the youngest in the family, we definitely have a lot of things in common and can relate to one another. It's just funny that we traveled so far to do such a thing when we could've done the same in Katipunan! Though it seems that it's much easier to get together here in Tacloban than in Manila. Yes, yet another example that "baliktad ang mundo."
I had a good time and I'm glad that I'm not really alone around here. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment